Purpose of the Board of Governors
– To ensure that VHPS provides students with an outstanding education
– This is not an operational body but a governance mechanism towards delivering the school’s mission
– To ensure that VHPS’s Academic Management has set the plans and policies of the school to ensure delivery of the school’s mission
– Engage with stakeholders and champion communication towards school meeting its objectives
What is involved?
– The Board of Governors will be made up of members with different skills, knowledge and experience
– The Board of Governors meets as often as its business requires, however will be at least once a term
– The business of the school is progressed by the whole Board of Governors working together in the best interests of the school children
Sasha has been a literacy advisor in Wales, a Deputy Head Teacher in London and a Head Teacher in Cairo, Egypt. For the past 20 years she has enjoyed working with a diverse mix of educators who are passionate about teaching and learning. Sasha graduated from Chester with a BEd Honours degree and she gained her NPQH status in 2006. She continues to think outside the box with school initiatives. She is passionate about ‘CPD’ for teachers and enjoys bringing out the best in all children in a school
Mr. Dinesh C. Kothari is the Chairman of Victory Heights Primary School. He is a qualified FCA who has been successfully managing the operations of schools both in India and UAE since 1998. Mr. Kothari has a proven track record in the field of education and is considered a leading educationalist. He is also a shareholder and the Managing Director of Delhi Private School in Sharjah, Delhi Private School in Discovery Gardens and DPS Academy, Academic City.
Ms. Vineeta Nayyar is the Managing Director of Victory Heights Primary School. She is an English law qualified corporate lawyer who co-founded and set up The Wonder Years Nursery and Victory Heights Primary School.
Mr. Amit Kothari is a Director of Victory Heights Primary School. He is a corporate finance specialist with an MBA from the University of Cambridge, with 19 years prior finance experience in corporate treasury, mergers and acquisitions and private equity both with the Abraaj Group in the UAE and the Holcim Group in Switzerland. Mr. Kothari is now responsible for all new business development, strategy and finance for all the schools and nurseries.
Head of FS1 / Teacher Representative
I am currently the Foundation Stage one year leader and teacher here at Victory Heights Primary School. I have been teaching Foundation Stage children for over 15 years. I am from the UK and studied at the University of Derby. I moved to the UAE 8 years ago and I enjoying travelling and learning about different countries and cultures.
Independent Academic Expert
Secretary to the Board of Governors
I currently have a daughter in foundation and another to start the school next year. I came to the UAE 18 years ago as a child with my parents and went to school here. After the birth of my first child I decided to leave full time employment and focus on my family. I'm currently working part time as a HR consultant with Fujairah Media Group. When I do get a spare minute I'm usually down at the stables working with my horses.